Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Week Without Facebook

I got a little overwhelmed last Friday.  My kids just started school, my house was a DISASTER, my mom was here visiting, my husband was working a TON...and I still felt the need to "check in" with Facebook every hour or so.  Yes, it only takes 5 minutes, but 5 minutes every hour during my 18 hour day is 90 minutes a day...and that's only IF I'm only on for 5 minutes.  I started feeling obsessive about it.  Its not like I feel like I NEED to check in, but my Ipad 'notifies' me on just about everything.  That silly little 'ding' gets me every time!!

So...I decided to go on haitus for a week to reset my brain.  At first, I thought of a million clever status updates and things I just HAD to say to someone.  It was a little tough to get out of my head.

I didn't really do much more than I would have otherwise done, but what I did do, I did with much less distraction. 

Grace started Kindergarten!
Carson read a book! (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, he couldn't put it down)
Carter stayed just as stinkin cute as ever!

I didn't have as much meaningless matter in my mind taking up extra energy that I simply don't have.  I love knowing that my nieces are singing a particular song, or that my neighbors are having a garage sale, or that a guy I went to high school with thinks rabbits make great sausage, but sometimes.....it's nice not to have that extra knowledge floating around up there.

1 comment:

nora.lakehurst said...

I totally feel ya Michelle. LOL I need to go on hiatus. I will be. Not by choice next weekend. For three whole days. I know. How will I ever live??? Hahahah